- Using a nice sturdy bundt pan (I favor this one from Williams Sonoma) is a must. I also use melted butter and a pastry brush to really get the little nooks of the pan greased well before flouring.
- Cake flour is not a suggestion, but rather a MUST in order to get the best cake possible.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Do not use "butter" flavored shortening.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter - room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla beans (optional)
- 3 cups CAKE FLOUR