- 28 ounces chicken stock
- 15 ounce package loose-pack frozen vegetables (broccoli, corn, carrots etc)
- 9 ounce package of refrigerated cheese or meat filled tortellini
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 pack/box (9oz) Seasoned Roasted Potatoes with Garlic & Herbs - thawed in microwave
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese plus a little extra to top off each bowl while serving.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and frozen vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Stir in tortellini and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, about 4 minutes or just until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine 1 cup of milk with all the flour and whisk until combined.
- Add milk/flour mixture and remaining 1 cup of milk to the broth. Add roasted potatoes.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubble. Cook 1 minute more and then turn off heat.
- Add in cheese and fresh basil.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with fresh ground pepper.